Understanding Account Statements
HY Markets account statements are provided in a format with is approved by the FCA of the United Kingdom. In includes all the information you need to know about your account. If you have any questions about how to understand the information on your statements, please contact customer service at anytime.
Each account statement has 5 different sections:
1. General Client information
This is the top part of the statement. It basically highlights your account number, your name and the date/time of the statements was issued.
2. Your Settled Positions
This is a list of the positions you have closed or liquidated. When you close a position your profit or loss is locked in on that trade. This section has several sub-sections, which you will need to understand.
- Ticket Number - The ticket number is simply your order number on our automated system. It allows for the order to be tracked in an efficient manner
- Open Time - This shows you the time at which the order was opened
- Type - This shows you if you bought or sold the product
- Lot - This shows you the number of contracts purchased with each order
- Item - This shows you the product which you have traded
- Open Price - This is the price of the order at the time it was executed
- Stop Loss - This shows you the prices of the stop loss orders you have placed
- Take Profit - This shows you the prices of any limit orders you placed
- Close Time - This shows you the exact time at which your order was liquidated or closed
- Price - This will show you the price at which you closed your order out
- Commission - This shows you if there were any commission charges on the closing of the order
- Fee - This shows you the finance or storage fees for holding certain positions
- Profit/Loss - This will show you the exact level of profit or loss you have received for that trade after all the charges
- Total - This section will show you the total for all of your closed positions in terms of commission, fees and profit/loss.
- Margin Deposit/Withdrawal - This part shows you the money you have credited or debited form your account
- Credit Facility - This section is the floating profit or loss of an order and is not applicable to the closed orders section
- Net Floating Profit/Loss - This shows you the total profit or loss you received for all positions
3. Your Open Positions
This is a list of all that positions you still have open in the market. This means that these positions are still being affected by the conditions of the market. This is just an overview taken from the end of day prices of the product. The lay out of the statement for these positions is the same as for the closed positions. The only difference being that it has one different section entitled Market Price. This is just the price at which your equity and balance were calculated. It is effectively the current market price but as the statement cannot show you a fluctuating price it is the last price of the market before the statement was created.
4. Working Orders
This section of the statement shows you your limit orders and stop loss orders that you have in the market. It also has the same subsections as the open order section but without the last 3 columns. This is because these orders have not been filled yet and thus have no effect on your margin, you do not pay commission for an unfilled order and there are no fees for an order which effectively is not filled.
5. Account Status
This is the final section of the statement and it shows you an overview of your current account situation. It shows you how much free margin you have to trade, floating profit and loss for all positions closed and open as well as other useful brief information about your account